1. My mom is ahead of the game. When we were really little she took us down to San Francisco to go to this huge Esprit store. Remember those huge tote bags that said Esprit on the side? You know you had one! Years later she found out about this store called Old Navy and took us again, down to California to see an Old Navy store. There weren't any in Washington yet. I remember none of my friends had ever even heard of it. They finally opened a store in Bellevue and my mom would drive us all down there to go to Old Navy. Thanks mom.
2. My mom is a good helper. Over the last few years she has helped Dan and I completely remodel two of our rental homes, helped decorate Ally AND Hudson's nurseries, hung lots of pictures, planted lots of flowers, cleaned out our garage with me, painted different walls, oh the list goes on forever. It's even better when I'm pregnant. Pumps my gas, loads my groceries, picks up my house... gosh, it kinda makes me want to be pregnant again.
3. She doesn't sweat the small stuff. She is quick to forgive. She truly knows the meaning of letting something roll off your back or just letting it go. She never holds a grudge.
4. She cares for others and makes people feel welcome. I can't count how many holidays we have had a stray Gap employee come to our family Christmas, Easter, or Thanksgiving, because they didn't have a place to go.
5. She knows how to have fun. When I was in 5th grade she suprised us and took us to the New Kids on the Block concert in Seattle. It was so fun. I'll never forget wearing my NKOTB concert tee to school the next day. Over the years she and I have seen so many great people, and not just from our seats, we always manage to get right up to the stage and get a picture with them. Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, the Dixie Chicks, Michael Buble....oh and who could forget the Trisha Yearwood concert we sat through in the pouring down rain in our ponchos?
6. She shares my love of so many things (or maybe it's the other way around). The big things of course, like my kids and my husband, but also the little things like a sunny day, a clean house, a box of Susan cookies with lots of chocolate, a great fitting white woven from the Gap, those endless trips to Target.
7. My mom is the most positive person I know. She has had so many obstacles in her life, most people would have thrown in the towel by now but she never gives up and never gets discouraged. I can totally hear her saying "this too shall pass".
8. She talks fast, she walks fast, she works fast, she drives fast but when you need her to slow down and listen she is right there. She knows how to look at both sides of the story and usually sticks up for the underdog.
9. She has the best ideas. People tell me that I am creative. Wonder where I got it from?
10. She is the best grandma ever. Just come over and watch Ally come screaming down the hall with her arms stretched out yelling "GRANDMA!" when my mom knocks on the door.
Mom you make everything fun. I love you so much.
Happy 50th Birthday








No comments:
Post a Comment