Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Too hot to blog

I haven't blogged in a couple days. I've had a few friends say they have checked my blog repeatedly for a new post but found nothing. Sorry, I apologize. It's probably because I've been too hot. I don't like to complain about being hot because Washington is such a heat deficient state, but since it is so rare, and our bodies aren't used to it, it's easy to find ourselves whining about it.

I hate being hot. There, I said it. I like to be hot when I am laying by a pool or a beach. I do not like to be hot when I am doing laundry, vacuuming, taking care of my kids, baking cookies, and especially when I am drying my hair. Ew, it's just gross.

So instead of complaining about our heat, I am going to focus on the things I LOVE about summer.

Flip flops
tan lines
having the greenest grass possible
monogrammed beach towels
dresses...almost everyday
impromptu bbq's
sunshine until 10pm
the popsicle man
August 1st and now August 12th!
sand, shells, lanterns and all rest of my summer decor
new saltwater sandals for the kids
subway sandwiches to take to the beach
the Nordstrom Anniversary sale
Jill's pool
great garage sale finds
washing my car outside in the driveway
SACLB - Sunday After Church Lunch Bunch
the sound of the sprinkler at night
filling my pots with beautiful flowers and feeding them lots of miracle grow
the neighborhood 4th of July block party
Outdoor Furniture, especially my big double chaise lounger
Starbucks Iced Americanos
Watermelon
Warm cars
new swim suits
Lake GOULDwin
kids playing outside
Back to school sales
cheap school supplies

What is your favorite thing about summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment