If you came to my blog today to find Shaunte's birthday tribute, then I have failed you. It's 12:58 am, so technically the day is over. I meant to find a few spare minutes in this crazy day to sit down and blog about how amazing my friend Shaunte is, but my kitchen sucked me in and held me hostage the entire day. Up until about five minutes ago I have been consumed with planning Hudson's birthday party.
But since my kids are fast asleep, the house is quiet, and I have a Diet Sunkist cracked open, let me count the ways I love my friend Shaunte....
She is the best wife. I really don't know anyone who gets up at the crack of dawn to make their husbands breakfast, pack their lunch, and have a hot dinner waiting on the table when they get home from work. Shocking isn't it?
She makes me laugh. Hard. And out loud. Over the phone, in an email, on a facebook photo comment, and in person, she's hilarious.
She looks for the positive. Always sticks up for the other person. Makes a bad situation a good situation. Accepts challenges. Gives them a chance.
She is a great phone friend. I don't like talking on the phone but Shaunte can get me to talk for hours. Somehow we can have long conversations with kids screaming in the background, lunches being made, diapers being changed, and baths being given. I use up all my NON VERIZON minutes on her.
She is a great listener. She listens to what I have to say, digests it, and then gives me her opinion and expert advice. It's so great to have a friend who can relate to kids who are driving you crazy, family that's being annoying, or a husband who, well...let's not go there.
She is the best mom. She loves her little guy more than words can say. She is going to have another baby in January who I can't wait to meet. But I have a feeling she may never put the new baby down!
Shaunte is one of those people who can go anywhere and can get along with everyone around her. She is easy going, up for anything, and fun, all at the same time. I am so thankful to have her for a friend.
Happy Birthday!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








So true--very well put Jenny!! I love Shaunte! She is such a great friend, well more like part of our family. =)
ReplyDeleteOh thank you!!This morning I thought ohh I cant wait to see what jenny has to say about her party on her blog and what do I find the nicest thing ever about ME! I am going to print this out and put it on my mirror to remind myself everyday how great I am! ;)! Thank you so much!!
ReplyDeletetest
ReplyDeletelooks good! Susan
ReplyDelete