Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Ally's preschool? When I first signed her up I was a little sad thinking she would be at school three days a week versus being home with me (Ok I know it's only 2 1/2 hours, but still). I wondered how we'd ever manage getting up early enough to make it to school by 9:30, let alone getting dressed or fed. My kids are night owls.
Well I'm happy to report that both Ally and Hudson are in bed by 8:30 every night(tonight it was 7:30...a record!). It's so great. We have time to bathe, get dressed, and even have breakfast before school. Sometimes it's a pop tart in the car, but hey, we're on schedule.
Ally absolutely loves her school and her teachers. One being Miss Kayla, my childhood friend from elementary school. Who would have ever thought way back when we were 9 years old that she'd be teaching my 3 year old one day.
Just in the six weeks she's been in school they've made applesauce, practiced writing letters A-E and numbers 1-5, painted numerous masterpieces, learned lots of new songs, discovered the difference between good and bad manners, and my favorite, the bible time. I love hearing Ally's interpretation of the lesson she learned. "If you're good, God will come and live in your heart".
This month they are learning about Fire Safety. The fire department came and told a story about firefighters being their friend, basically trusting the firefighter if you were ever in a situation where you needed help. The kids were just enamored with the firefighter. He brought all his gear and let the kids touch his "bucket" (hat).
(Ok and the only reason I know all of this is because I was honored to come in that day and take pictures of the kids on the fire truck.)
If anyone is looking for a preschool now or in the future, I'd love to give you the school's contact information. I highly recommend it!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











OH SO CUTE!! Stop,drop and roll ally!!
ReplyDeletei lOOVE ally's pics! :)
ReplyDelete