So it's been a week since I blogged last. Sorry to my faithful readers that have been asking WHATS UP? Well here's what's up. It's that time of year, cold and flu season is here! I absolutely dread winter in regards to sickness. If you didn't know this already, I am a germ phob. If you are sick, been around someone who was sick, or even feeling slightly sick, please stay away from me. Not in a mean way, just a safe, keeping myself healthy kind of way. And not just me, my kids. Sick kids are the worst. They're fussy, cranky, unhappy, and most of all, they don't sleep at night.
Poor Hudson had croup last week. It was super fun. Wheezing breaths, barking coughs, sleepless nights. Good times at the doctor's office filled with masked swine flu patients waiting for their turn. I just waited outside and checked the door frequently for a nurse calling for Hudson Keller, not caring how cold or rainy it was outside. I'm certain he would have gotten even sicker waiting inside with all those sickies. After waiting for what felt like a lifetime, our pediatrician prescribed him antibiotics and a fun steroid which led him to gag and puke every time he'd swallow it. Thank you!! Too much information? Sorry. Just giving you a small glimpse into the spectacular week I had.
Fortunately after wasting half the bottle mixing it with anything and everything I could think of, I found a position (pretty much upside down) where he could choke down his medicine. Again, I hate sickness and this is why! It feels like child abuse getting your kids to take medicine. And the doctors and nurses act suprised when you call and say your kids won't take it.
The good news is that my little guy is on the mend. We only have one more day of yucky medicine and maybe 3 more of antibiotics. We're praying we stay healthy for awhile and believing the Swine will stay away from our family.
Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, But it shall not approach you.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









oh bless him , ure kids are so cute!
ReplyDeleteaww, poor baby =(
ReplyDelete