Everyone did their cards though and brought them Christmas day. I made little boxes to hold each set of cards. I was going to let people take the boxes home to read on their own, but we ended up going around in a circle and each person read their cards out loud. It was really interesting to see how many people wrote similiar things about one person, and so sweet to hear what others loved about each other. (And I honestly think the guys were even more touched than the girls!)
There is nothing like bringing out the best in people, and reminding them of it. People can always use encouragement, no matter how positive you may think they already are. I'm thinking of making a 2009 set of cards to add to our boxes, just haven't thought of the theme this year...
Ideas?











those are the memories i am storing in my heart, little ally and hudson running to the door with their beautiful little faces to see me!! what a blessed grandma and mother i am! that is what this life is all about. i have learned there is nothing more important in this life than family. don't let anything keep you from being close to your family, life is short and it goes by in the blink of an eye. cherish every moment, you never know when it could be taken away from you.
ReplyDeleteI think this is incredible! Actually, if it's okay with you, I might try something like this with my immediate family. It would be such a treat to look back on for years to come! Thanks for sharing, Jenny! :)
ReplyDeleteI did have an idea. Maybe we could all write down what we are praying for, big or little and put them in a box until next year. Then get them out and see how many got answered. Like a prayer time capsule. Just thinking, Susan
ReplyDelete