It took 7 days.
The first two days felt like forever but after that I had a system and just started banging the cookies out. Bake one day, decorate and package the next. My record baking day was 800 cookies. That was nuts. When I finished the last cookie there was a huge feeling of accomplishment, like I DID IT! I'm done!
I should have taken pictures along the way but in the midst of all the flour and icing, there really was no extra time for photos. So I snapped a few when I dropped them off. I made nurses hats, medical bags, band-aids, prescription bottles, and a few different variations of "100 years". With that quantity of cookies I kept it super simple.
The lady from the hospital emailed me today to say "They were a Hit" and to "get ready" because she has a lot of parties coming up.
EEK! Time for a bigger oven!
I'm so grateful for everyone who helped me with my kids, picked up supplies, put labels on bags, and even helped in the kitchen! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! The biggest THANK YOU though, would have to go to my HUSBAND who stayed up multiple nights to help me package 1300 cookies! Dan, you really are the best.










That is awesome. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteSO cute...I really really want to come to the cookie class, but I'd have to run late, and I would hate to do that! So hopefully you will have another one :)
ReplyDeleteGOOOOOO, JENNY!!! Can't wait to see how you work your magic! :-) These are awesome!
ReplyDeleteawwwwwwwwwww...
ReplyDeleteThose are so cute! You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteSO thats what is looks like!
ReplyDelete