I was thinking about how when you grow up, your love for things can sometimes stem from how you were raised, your childhood, or the things your parents loved. For example, I grew up constantly baking with my grandma, had an aunt who would let me bake in her kitchen anytime, and a mom who loved (and still loves) cookies. Hence, I love to bake..and I love cookies.
Cooking, not so much. I loathe cooking. If I could go out to dinner every single night of the week, I would. When I had my first baby, my friend Shaunte would tell me, "I bet you'll like to cook when Ally gets big enough to eat solid food". Nope. Then when I had Hudson she encouraged me again. "Wait until you have a boy eating, they'll need you to feed them good hearty dinners!" Still no. My mom thinks when I get older I'll enjoy cooking more. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Don't worry, my kids don't eat mac & cheese for dinner every night of the week. I have a solid rotation. Five to eight meals that circulate. Ugh. I'd rather just have a cupcake.
So...I'm going to make a valliant effort to make cooking dinner fun for my kids.
Starting with homemade broccoli cheddar soup.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment