Thursday, February 9, 2012

Christmas morning

We found out Christmas morning Ally and Hudson had made Santa's nice list another year in a row.  Their stockings were filled with toys and goodies, and under the tree were a couple presents for each of them.  Ally got a new Cinderella dress, accessories, a princess coloring kit, and a suprise box from Build-a-Bear.  H got a bunch of spiderman toys, a fire truck,  jammies, and also a Build-a-Bear box. 

So NOT what I would've ever imagined purchasing for my children, ahem, I mean Santa.  I can't stand stuffed animals and cheapy toys, but I've come to realize that sometimes it's what they love!  It pained me to pay money at Build-a-Bear for another stuffed animal, but I knew the look on Ally's face when she opened a gigantic Brittany Chipette wearing a sequin dress, would be worth having another animal in the closet.  

Hudson was interested in all of his clothes and felt the need to try everything on.  Everything.  Even underwear and socks.  Ally on the other hand carefully opened each gift, then stacked them into a perfect pile.  It was easy to see who was opening on what side of the room.  Ally's neat and clean, Hudson's covered in paper shred. 

In early December Ally had seen a Chipmunks coloring book at Target that she desperately wanted.  I told her she had to wait for Christmas, even though it killed me not to just buy it for her.  She came home and asked the Elves if they could get it for her or ask Santa.  She was pretty excited when she discovered they had left her a gift under the tree, especially when she opened it and saw what it was.  Those silly elves!

Dan and I were busy simultaneously videotaping and photographing our Christmas memories, we didn't take any photos of each other opening gifts.  Dan spoiled me with my favorite lululemon gear and new running shoes.  Wait, is that a hint? 





































No comments:

Post a Comment