I woke up on Mother's Day to a hot americano, flowers and maple bars. Dan was so sweet and sneaked out of the house before I got up.
He had a whole day planned in Seattle with Ally and H, but I somehow got sidetracked and started working on my office. It started with hanging one pinboard and before I knew it, it was 2pm and Hudson was ready for a nap. I'd been so busy recently, a hundred things had piled up on my to-do list that it felt good to just stay home with no agenda and work around the house! So that's what we did. Well, what I did. Dan decided to take a nap while the kids napped, and I kept working. I spent nap time hammering and creating a really cool wall in my office.
I'm sure our day in Seattle would have been amazing, he told me later all about the major shopping spree he was going to let me go on, but honestly, the gift of just staying home and letting me be creative was the best gift he could have given! I love it in there!
Of course, the sweet little voices saying "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" with hugs and kisses beats out any cool office wall. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best thing I've ever done was become a mom!
Monday, June 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment