Monday, January 21, 2013

Camp Little Maven

In October I had a pretty exciting opportunity to work with JC Penney to create a dessert table for the launch of Tori Spelling's children's line Little Maven. Tori chose a glamping theme for the party, which was held at the Bel Air hotel in LA. Talk about a gorgeous hotel. I'd never seen anything like it. It was the most amazing hotel, created like a private oasis. I can see now why it's been named the top hotel in the US. It was absolutely gorgeous. Once you pass over the "Swan Lake" that guests cross to enter hotel, you find yourself surrounded in ficus, fig, and palm trees, in addition to flowers everywhere. Little Maven set up camp on their front lawn. It looked incredible.

The "camp" was covered in all things Little Maven. Wood camp signs were made to name each station and area, Little Maven clothing was strung above the party with clothespins, and every detail had some sort of Little Maven fabric incorporated.

My job as the dessert table girl came pretty easy to me. I scouted all sorts of vintage camp items to work into my table, and had Tori's team make me a fabric runner and bunting for above the table to incorporate the fabrics.   I did sugar cookies in camp shapes but decorated them with little maven prints, smore's desserts, a cake with a mini tent on top, cake pops with real wood sticks, acorn donut holes, and more. I used wood stumps for cake pedestals, in addition to the vintage camp finds, and made up outdoorsy names for the desserts to be printed on Little Maven stationary. It turned out just as I had imagined... maybe even better! It ended up being a really big table, 12 feet long! To say the least, there were a lot of happy (sugared up) campers!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: