So there he was, Michael Buble, with a cd called Come Fly with Me. I grew up listening to Frank Sinatra with my grandma so the title interested me immediately. A fresh new face of Sinatra. Thinking maybe it would be good, I added it to my list of 10 free membership cds. It was way before the cute Starbucks commercial that left everyone swooning over him, or maybe that was just me?(if you haven't seen it, you should google it) I remember my cousin Jill was over and wanted to borrow a cd for the ride home. I dug through my bazillion cds and pulled out Michael Buble. I said "you probably don't know who this is, but I think you'll like it". And the rest is history. Jill, along with the rest of my family are all hooked.
When I heard he was co-hosting LIVE with Regis and Kelly a few years ago I had to go. I wake up with Regis and Kelly every morning. Kelly Ripa and Michael Buble on the same stage? My two favorite people? I'm there! The show was less than a month away and I didn't have tickets, nor did I even know how to get tickets but I was determined to be there. I wrote to Regis and Kelly, pleading my case, that I was indeed Michael Buble's #1 fan. With the confidence Regis and Kelly would send my tickets, I booked our flight. Then I waited. About a week before our trip, to my complete and utter suprise, there they were in my mailbox. Two tickets to Live!
My mom and I packed our bags and headed to NYC. Could I just live there in another life? I love the Manhattan. The fashion, the architecture, the taxi cabs, the falafal carts lining the streets, the competitive I ♥ NY t-shirt stands, and even those double decker tour buses (that's a whole other blog). We arrived only to discover Michael Buble had cancelled his appearance. Really? We flew across the country and he CANCELLED on us? I was disappointed, but we still had a great trip. We met Vince Vaughn, Mark Consuelos and Nicole Kidman instead. Thanks mom, for going on my little Michael Buble adventure with me, even though we didn't get to see him!

Our time came soon enough when he came to Seattle. I paid the completely insane ticket prices for great seats and assured Dan he'd love the show. I was right, he did love it, but not as much as me. I couldn't get enough. It was the best concert I'd ever been to. And I've been to A LOT. I had such a great time I went the second night too. All of those great songs played from my car's speakers didn't hold a candle to a live performance. He is such a talent in every way. So I found some tickets on craigslist and headed back the second night. Again, my mom supported my crazy obsession and went with me. And what a fun time we had....
If you don't own a Michael Buble cd, this is your que to run to Target and get one. It doesn't matter which one, they're all good. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face and you won't take it out of your car for months. I'm suprised mine even work after all the times I've played them. And if you're already a fan, listen up...his new cd "Crazy Love" is coming out Oct 9th. I can hardly wait.









... whew-hooo
ReplyDeletei heart nyc and michael buble so much! wow how fun, i wish he would come back to seattle soon!!
ReplyDeleteOk, I have really never beena Michael Buble fan, you might have convinced me. I am just so jealous that you got to see and meet Mark and Kelly, how fun!
ReplyDeleteooh the nyc pics were so obviously FALL! dark hair, red.... ya know? i loove michael too!
ReplyDeleteDid you know celine dion is pregnant? ;)
ReplyDeletethank you jenny for talking of your love of michael buble what seems like so long ago. i bought his christmas cd because of it and loved it so much i bought his self-titled cd after reading the back and also seeing the frank sinatra songs and others i recognized. it became my favorite cd. and then my own love of who steve and i called "bubble" because we didn't know how to pronounce his name;) began. when i worked at blockbuster i found a movie he was in~ he was a bit chubbier then;)~ but LOVED his music and still such a cutie! it was called "blonde"...something...lol~ if you haven't seen it yet, you should. i will be sad forever that we missed his concert at the sb bowl cuz our trip to missouri last year just happened to be the next morning:( maybe he'll tour again with his new cd being released...btw, i didn't know you wrote to regis & kelly for your show tickets and that's how you met vince and nicole, how funny:) your blog should've included that letter;)
ReplyDelete