I have a list of my favorite blogs I randomly read sometimes at night. Most of them are people I have never met, that live in different parts of the country, but have some sort of interesting blog about either photography, baking, cooking, or parenting.
Tonight I visited Kelly's Korner, a very popular blogger down in Arkansas. I don't know how or when I first came across her blog, but I remember wondering why her blog was so intriguing to people. She seemed pretty plain Jane to me with kind of a boring blog, but had millions of readers. Apparently she gets hundreds of emails daily containing prayer requests for her to post on her blog. She had her most recent prayer requests posted and as I was reading through them this last one broke my heart:
•The Ramer family - due to a terrible accident - they had boy and girl twins who both drowned at the end of July. Can you imagine losing your 2 year old children - two at once? They are due with a baby girl in December. Please pray comfort over them.
I opened the link to the Ramer family blog and read this woman's gut wrenching story of losing her two small children just a month ago. I literally sat here in my chair and wept for this mother. My heart broke into a million pieces thinking of this woman and what she is going through.
I can't imagine losing one of my children. They are my whole life, my pride and joy, my everything. I don't know what I would do if something happened to them. I would probably go crazy. This woman, Meredith, lost BOTH of her 2 year old children in a 2 day period. Her story was so vivid, emotions so raw, the pain so fresh.
If you read this story, beware, you better be wearing waterproof mascara. Pray for this mother, that God would just wrap her up in his arms and give her the strenth to get out of bed in the morning. That she would find rest and comfort in the promise that she will see her children again someday.
I'm going upstairs now to pick up my kids, hold them tight, and thank Jesus for my sweet little babies.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Jenny: thanks for posting that story - it's 1:30am and my face is wet with tears. thank you for sharing so that we can pray for that woman and also her mom. Thank you for sharing so that I will again praise God formy children who are sound asleep.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, hysterically sobbing~ i now have both my babies on my lap, and just keep kissing them... thank you Lord for my babies
ReplyDeletei can almost imagine how the grandmother must feel. i never told my family but my son had a horrible accident that i can only describe as a miracle that he survived with not a scratch. i wept and wept thanking God he was alive and then waited with gut-wrenching guilt as his whole body was x-rayed and then thanked God some more that he was ok. i would've ended up in a padded room if we had lost him. this story again reminds me (as i remember every day when i see where it occurred) what a miracle it is that my baby boy is ok. thank you Lord for my babies
ReplyDelete