Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma

Today is my grandma's birthday. She doesn't have a computer so she doesn't read my blog, but I will still tell the rest of the world what an amazing grandma I have.

Growing up I wanted to live with my grandma. My mom and dad would come to pick me up from her house and I would hide. (Sorry mom). Not only did my grandma spoil me rotten, she took me every imaginable place a child would love. Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, parks, beaches, camping trips, shopping malls (I really was Born to Shop), oceans, you name it, we went there. My grandma & grandpa and I, the Three Muskateers.

She inspired my love of baking, encouraged my interests in learning, introduced me to Shirley Temple movies and every other great musical, and who can forget Barry Manilow, my all time favorite as a child. Can't Smile Without You was like our theme song.

I found these pictures that totally confirmed the love my grandma had for me. So much adoration, she wore matching overalls and a shirt with hearts all over it so we could be twins. I love it!

I just laugh thinking about my mom and Ally matching. Ha!
Mom you better go find a flamingo shirt!





So in honor of my grandma's birthday I'm going to share her famous chicken enchilada's recipe. It's the most popular dinner in our family!


Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Step 1: Bake 5-6 chicken breasts or enough to fill a 9x13 pan.
Step 2: Mix 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup with 1 pint of Sour Cream.


Little helpers are great with this step.


Spread a thin layer of mixture onto bottom of 9x13 pan.
Step 3: Add chicken to sour cream/soup mixture.


Step 4: Grate cheese. Lots.

Keep an eye out for sneaky hands.




Ready to make enchiladas?



Step 5: Spread a spoonful of chicken mixture and a handful of cheese on tortilla. Roll up and place in 9x13 pan.


Continue until you can't fit any more enchiladas in your pan.


Step 6: Spread remaining chicken mixture over the top of all enchiladas.


Step 7: Cover in cheese. The more the merrier.

Ok I went a little crazy on the cheese. But now I have it ready for my eggs in the morning.


Step 8: Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.


Kid friendly dinner?



The empty plate should answer that question.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Bday to one of my favorite people in the world! my favorite grandma, and my daughter's namesake. i am so grateful for the time they lived in cayucos. you'd hide? i cried;) so many memories =)...and jenny, now i want some enchiladas...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, with every picture my mouth was watering!!

    ReplyDelete