Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas EVE

We had a great Christmas Eve starting with the candlelight service at church. We've gone to Christmas Eve service the last few years and I love it. With all the stress, work, running around, and crazy holiday drama, it's so nice to find yourself in church remembering what we are really celebrating.

Hudson and Ally did pretty good in church, but I'm not gonna lie, I was sure Hudson was going to catch my hair on fire during the candlelight part. Luckily the older couple thought Hudson and Ally were cute and excused all the "adorable" distractions.

After church we headed to my moms where I've spent every Christmas Eve of my life. She made a fantastic roast that probably took all day and we gobbled up in 15 minutes. Why is that. You spend all day cooking, then you sit down and it's over before you know it.

We opened way more gifts than anyone needed but it's always such a treat. Ally gets totally excited about each and every gift and you can hardly get Hudson to even rip off the paper. Good thing my mom hid a big can of bubble gum in her tree for him...which he found the second we walked in the door. Between the gum and the Toy Story chapstick she found, he was in heaven. Seriously. Why do I buy him gifts? Dan asks me this over and over. But when you're a mom, you can't really just buy gifts for one of your kids and throw your other kid a tube of chapstick. I can't do it. For now, I'll just pack all his gifts into his closet and pray for the day he shows an ounce of interest.

Thank you so much Mom. You're the best!

























No comments:

Post a Comment